What Is Personally Identifiable Information?
This is any information that can be used to identify you or that can be linked to you. It may include any information provided to or collected by TerraLex, Inc., recorded in any form, about an identifiable individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information. This could include your name, business or company name, physical or mailing address, phone number(s), email address, resume, etc.
The Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide about yourself to us and your email address will only be used by TerraLex for the intended purpose(s), which could include – but is not limited to – newsletter or alert subscriptions, event registrations, information requests, applications and forms, and other services as requested. You may update or delete your Personally Identifiable Information by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Is Non-Personally Identifiable Information?
We may also collect information from you (through Google Analytics, Clicky Analytics or similar programs) that is non-personally identifiable. It may include – but is not limited to – the type of web browser you use, clickstream patterns, your ISP, your operating system, your IP address and other visitor analytics.
TerraLex uses the information that we collect to provide our services and products and to operate our company. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes. Examples of these business purposes include:
• To fulfill membership benefits
• To provide a product, service or communication that you’ve requested
• To notify members of TerraLex and other visitors of official business, news, activities, events, meetings, services, newsletters, products, TerraLex members, and other useful information
• To respond to communications or inquiries that are sent to us
• To provide other legitimate and lawful business purposes
European Economic Area and GDPR
For individuals in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple sources to collect, use, share or otherwise process personal data, with the following conditions:
• You have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
• It is necessary for us to perform a contractual obligation with you.
• It is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations.
• It is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
• It is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions.
• It is necessary to protect someone’s life.
Disclosure of Your Information
Personal information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of TerraLex. Such transactions may include the following:
• Your name and contact information, as provided to TerraLex, may be shared with other members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
• Your name and contact information may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at TerraLex programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees, including members, and other third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
• We may share your personal information with third parties that provide services to TerraLex, including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; package shipping; or other data processing.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Online registration information, such as payment card information, will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. We encourage you to use reasonable care in how you handle and disclose your personal information, user name(s), and password(s). If you become aware of any breach of Site security, please contact us immediately.
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or to other countries outside the United States other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
There are external links to other websites throughout the TL Site. TerraLex is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites and hereby disclaims any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked websites.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Terri Pepper Gavulic, Executive Director
8350 NW 52nd Terrace, Suite 410
Miami, FL 33166