Maher Milad Iskander & Co. provides the consultation of legal experts in connection with issues that largely affect the business or activity of clients, specifically:
- Reviewing agreements & contracts, participating in negotiations, providing pre-contract advices and drafting all kinds of contracts.
- Disputes related to Employment & Labor Laws including complicated lawsuits.
- Merger and Acquisition operations; selling and purchasing assets.
- Incorporating companies; laying down programs with managements of companies to prevent probable crimes such as bribery, corruption and embezzlement, monitoring operations carried out by companies' legal departments and preparing reports and recommendations to render such Managements effective.
- Companies Law disputes; we provide consultation to companies and represent them in Corporate Law disputes before the courts of first instance, courts of appeal and the Court of Cassation based on the wide experienced of our firm in laws and procedures.
- Tax disputes; providing assistance in tax inspections and representing the client in several tax procedures before the Tax Administration and Courts.
- Commercial & civil litigation; representing clients before courts regarding commercial and civil disputes such as anti-monopoly, breach of contracts, commercial counterfeiting, Infringement of patents and intellectual property rights and illegitimate competition.
- Criminal litigation; related to companies’ employees such as bribery, embezzlement and sabotage crimes, criminal litigation related to crimes committed to businesses such as information technology crimes, using trademarks' crimes, commercial counterfeiting crimes, and environment crimes. As well as, money laundering crimes and fraud allegation crimes and Internet related computer crimes.
- Constitutional & administrative disputes; Annulment of laws and rulings that contradict with the constitution.
- Intellectual property rights related disputes; our firm provides advice and consultations to clients in violation of copyrights and trademarks and illegitimate competition. As well as representing clients before all phases of courts.
Maher Milad Iskander & Co. is a law firm that was established in 1985 in the most prestigious areas of Cairo, Egypt. Our Firm is specialized primarily in commercial matters, however we also deal with a number of related criminal issues.
We advise and defend Egyptian and foreign listed and unlisted companies operating in a wide range of sectors, including, but not limited to, automobile manufacturing, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, food, housing, ceramic, building materials, tourism, aviation, yarn & textile, banks and financial institutions and energy.
Throughout our history, We have provided legal advice for local & foreign companies concerning commercial matters in Egypt, and comprehensive legal consultancy in merger & acquisition transactions, shareholder’s agreements, change of legal form, due diligence, agreements of finance, loan & security, sale and purchase, transport, employment & management and charter-party.
We have succeeded in numerous lawsuits filed before courts concerning anti-monopoly, breach of contracts, commercial deceit, infringement of patents and intellectual property rights, illegitimate competition, counterfeit of trademarks, environmental crimes, fraud allegation crimes, money laundry, corporate crimes such as: bribery, corruption and embezzlement, internet-related computer crimes and judicial claims arising from accidents of, aviation, rail, construction, medication errors, surgical errors, medical malpractice and professional misconduct.
We have supported – for the sake of doing good – several nonprofit organizations either through providing legal consultation or participating in preparing their regulations and boards of directors. We also provide free legal services for less fortunate women in the field of the family law.
Our ambition is always to help our Clients determine and implement their strategic objectives, whatever the difficulties involved inside and outside Egypt. With this in mind, we have established legal partnerships and alliances with reliable law firms worldwide through our active memberships in international professional associations and networks. Moreover, our firm is listed in several significant international law firms’ directories, and we have been ranked by Corporate INTL. as the Egyptian Merger & Acquisition Law Firm of the Year.
We have committed ourselves to developing our country and in that spirit, Maher Milad Iskander & Co.’s Investment Team has created the first consolidated investment guide under the name of “Egypt Land of Opportunities” to give an insight into the upcoming Egyptian investment climate by providing a thorough analysis of the top twelve areas of investment in the country, and another guide for Investors named “Egypt Tax Summaries”.
We are proud to be among the best law firms in Egypt. We constantly receive positive feedback from our clients and fellow colleagues, thanks to our partners’ expertise and the team work of 30 consultants, more than 50 attorneys, experts, professionals and administrative personnel specialized in practice fields. Currently, we are in the process of adding more fields that broaden our services to our clients.