The Construction, Infrastructure and Mining Practice Group represents stakeholders in both the public and private sectors on construction, infrastructure and mining projects all over the world:
- Owners and tenants
- Contractors and sub-contractors
- Suppliers of equipment and materials
- Professional consultants including architects, engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and cost consultants
- Financiers including issuers of construction bonds and guarantees
- Casualty and liability insurers
The Group focuses on working collaboratively, both within the Group itself as well as within the TerraLex family of firms to:
- Provide the best service and advice to our respective clients
- Establish TerraLex as a recognized world leading brand in the provision of legal services to the construction, infrastructure and mining sectors
Members are involved in all facets of construction, infrastructure and mining projects, including project finance (e.g. public private partnerships), bid preparation, bid protests, prime and subcontract drafting and negotiation, incentives, building codes and zoning, licensing, contract administration, green construction, change order preparation and negotiation, claims preparation and negotiation, and all forms of dispute resolution, from Dispute Review Boards, mediation, arbitration and litigation in all forums.
Group Members also represent contractors on public sector projects, and frequently there is no construction work involved.